Home / Advertising / Military moves Plateau headquarters after killings

Military moves Plateau headquarters after killings

The military has relocated the tactical headquarters of Operation Enduring Peace from Jos to Mangu Local Government Area of Plateau State following a series of deadly attacks in the area.

The military has relocated the tactical headquarters of Operation Enduring Peace from Jos, the Plateau State capital, to Mangu Local Government Area following a series of deadly attacks in the area.

The relocation is aimed at improving the security forces’ response to attacks in Mangu and neighbouring communities, where renewed violence has left scores of people dead and displaced others.

The Commander of Operation Safe Haven and General Officer Commanding, 3 Division, Nigerian Army, Williams Dangana, announced the relocation on Wednesday while addressing journalists in Mangu.

Mr Dangana said establishing the tactical headquarters in Mangu would enable military commanders to maintain a direct assessment of the security situation and respond more quickly to emerging threats.

“Establishing a physical presence in Mangu will enable leadership to maintain direct, real-time assessment of the security situation and ensure timely tactical responses,” he said.

He said the relocation had been accompanied by additional troops, equipment and logistics approved by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Waidi Shaibu.

“My being here is not just in person. I’m here with enablers, additional manpower and all the resources required to execute this mandate,” Mr Dangana said.

After recent killings

The decision comes days after a deadly attack on the Bin Mper community in Mangu Local Government Area.

He said the relocation had been accompanied by additional troops, equipment and logistics approved by the Chief of Army Staff, Lt-Gen. Waidi Shaibu.

“My being here is not just in person. I’m here with enablers, additional manpower and all the resources required to execute this mandate,” Mr Dangana said.

After recent killings

The decision comes days after a deadly attack on the Bin Mper community in Mangu Local Government Area.

AASG MAGAZINE reported that residents said gunmen attacked the community between the night of 17 August and the early hours of 18 August, moving from house to house and attacking people in their homes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *